MicroStrategy Review

Dashboards can be built in a relatively simple manner.

What is most valuable?

We value the ability to build dashboards and reports in a relatively simple way. We can teach end users how to do their own reports and dashboards making the process cheaper and faster.

Also, the ability to import data from a grand variety of sources and combine them into a single report/dashboard, skipping the expensive ETL process or validating it before a robust construction.

How has it helped my organization?

MicroStrategy makes it easier to control internal and external demands and also to monitor public programs financed by the institution.

What needs improvement?

Data discovery and self-service BI still needs to be simpler to end-users.

I have used MicroStrategy since 2012; four years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not yet had scalability issues.

I rate technical support a 4.5/5.

We did not have a previous solution.

Initial setup was complex. MicroStrategy is a hard tool to configure in many ways, starting from its licensing schema.

Make a good study of your needs because its very expensive to change from nominal licensing to a server core licensing.

The buying decision was made by a previous team. But other solutions are always evaluated, like Tableau and ClickView.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure there isn’t a cheaper solution that satisfies your demands. Prepare a good team to develop and use it or you’ll have a big mess and difficulties making data discovery and self-service BI.

9.4.1
More MicroStrategy reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about MicroStrategy. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.