MicroStrategy Review

The best features are R integration and visual insight.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is R integration. This uses predictions for medicine consumption.

How has it helped my organization?

I really appreciate Visual Insight because it is easy for end users and it breaks IT dependencies.

We have a small technical staff. If we give opportunities to our clients to develop their own reports and graphics, we can concentrate our efforts on increasing the quality of other reports that demand a little bit more knowledge and expertise.

What needs improvement?

We need to act in advance of situations. I would like to be able to:

• Gather information about how long the partner will take to bring us a product.
  • Find out what our real consumption average will be against our supply for that item

This information would help us decide if we should wait until we reach the resupply point or if we should start the process immediately.

I have used this solution for five years.

I only encountered stability issues when using the enterprise manager.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

We enjoy a high level of expertise from technical support.

The initial setup was easy.

It is not worthwhile if you have a small budget, although it is worth every penny.

We evaluated Pentaho and OBIEE.

What other advice do I have?

Look for a solution that covers all enterprise areas, from the IT department to end-users, that will help you build a robust, star schema model.