MicroStrategy Review

We prefer having analytic capabilities in a single platform, because it is easier

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for the operational reporting. We also use it for the insurance claims and how to track them.

The product is working fine. We feel they understand the healthcare system.

How has it helped my organization?

The features of the product have definitely been beneficial. We do plan to roll out MicroStrategy Self-Service to our business teams.

We prefer having the analytic capabilities in a single platform, like MicroStrategy provides, because it is easier. The customer gets to use one type of tool, then sticks with it. The customers are looking for Geospatial in 2018, so that is where we will be using it.

What is most valuable?

We have been using it mostly for grid reports and its exporting features. We are going to start using the Geospatial, which is a new feature. We are also looking forward to the 10.9 and 10.10 features coming out.

What needs improvement?

We have not invested nor are we planning to invest in MicroStrategy's mobile platform.

It is a very stable solution, meaning the application is very good. MicroStrategy works very well.

It is highly scalable. We have quite a few customers who are the users themselves. They use it and have not had any issues yet.

I sometimes use technical support. When I do, I have found them to be helpful. The right person answers me when I contact them.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

However, I have been involved in upgrades of the solution, which were mostly straightforward.

The vendor technical support assisted in the upgrades.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a solution worth investing in. It will be useful for the long term. Anyone who is researching similar solutions should look for the longer term.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• The technical capability.
  • They are able to deliver it.
  • They understand the product.