MicroStrategy Review

The convenience of having it on the mobile and our people having it right there in their pockets

What is our primary use case?

Reporting on some daily sales activities. It works well in this task.

How has it helped my organization?

It is convenient having it right there on the phone. They do not have to login. They can get it from anywhere they are.

What is most valuable?

The convenience of it. Having it on the mobile, therefore someone has it right there in their pocket most of the time.

It is a pretty simple solution so far, so we have not really gone beyond where it is.

What needs improvement?

It is actually pretty complicated to use. It is complicated enough that user adaptation is sometimes difficult. We developed more experts rather than people using it.

If there was a server down, we are not allowed to use it offline. Therefore, if there is a server down, then it’s down.

They are pretty good most of the time. There have been a few times that I have left a message and not been called back for at least a day or two.

Previously, we did not know we could have a mobile app. We looked at having a mobile app with MicroStrategy when we found out that we could, then we tried it out.

The mobile setup was not too bad.

We set it up in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria that I want to see when selecting a vendor: One that provides good, stable software. MicroStrategy does this.