MicroStrategy Review

A good tool to help our customers visually see loads of data

What is our primary use case?

We sell it as an underlier to our own analytics tool. It works pretty well.

How has it helped my organization?

It does not really impact the way we function, so much as what we sell. It is a good tool to help our customers visually see loads of data.

We will be using Dossier the most in 2018.

What is most valuable?

The dashboards. The visual end side. Being able to do visualizations is important.

What needs improvement?

The Geospatial and mapbox stuff that will be coming out should be really helpful. I know that is something that we have wanted: the map. That is coming, so it is good.

There are areas for improvement. Training would be an area that they could improve upon, but otherwise it is a pretty good tool.

It is very stable. We do not have any issues.

We have not experienced any issues with the scalability.

The technical support is good. We always get very responsive care, but we are a reseller so we probably get a little bit more support.

The initial setup is complex, because of the customer's data and the configuration is time consuming.

The technical support of MicroStrategy can be helpful through implementation.

What other advice do I have?

Spend a lot of time with the training. If you do not learn the ins or outs, it can be a difficult tool to use. You could do a PoC and get enough out of it to be able to use it. However, when it comes to administering it, you definitely need the training.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Usability
  • Stability
  • Good support.