MicroStrategy Review

Reporting, dashboards, and new visualization functions help us realize opportunities

What is our primary use case?

We have insurance customers, health customers, in our organization. The performance is good.

How has it helped my organization?

The reporting, the dashboards, and the new visualization functions. It is very easy for users to understand their data and dashboards. The dashboards which we are using in our enterprise, they're very helpful in realizing business opportunities for us.

What is most valuable?

The Dossier functionality. We are on 10.4, but we have a sandbox for 10.10 and we are planning to upgrade to 10.10 next week.

We are planning to roll out self-service to business teams, but we are still working on that. We want to deploy a self-service solution to them but we have not done so yet.

For 2018, we want to use Dossier and visualizations. We have a new Vitara visualization chart. We are now planning to buy Vitara visualizations and we'll be using that.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything at the moment.

More than five years.

Enterprise is very stable. I've been with MicroStrategy from more than 12 years. The performance and the stability has been increasing. It is the best solution for enterprise BI platform.

We haven't faced the issue of scalability.

I like them. They have very good technical support.

We were using SSRS and we converted that, and SAS as well.

We switched because it is a stable platform and we know the good features in MicroStrategy. We have moved more and more of the reporting solutions to MicroStrategy. We still have some SSRS reports, but by the end of this year we are planning to move everything to MicroStrategy.

It is straightforward because I have been working with it for 12 years. So it's easy for me.

Maybe for newcomers it might be a little bit difficult, but they can easily see release notes or get some technical support. They can easily implement the solution. It's not that tough.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of having the analytic capabilities in a single platform, like MicroStrategy, versus a many-points solution, we are planning to use it like that. We had different reporting solutions, but we are moving everything to a single MicroStrategy BI platform.

We haven't invested in the mobile platform. We want to invest, but the problem is the security. We are in the health domain, so we have PHI data. We have some challenges, so most probably this later year or at the start of 2019 we may be able to get the mobile solution.

When choosing a vendor, the major thing I look for is the technical support; how reachable they are. And stability as well.

I definitely recommend MicroStrategy. Install MicroStrategy and use it for reporting, the dashboards, and self-service. You can use it as a centralized BI platform.