MikroTik Routers and Switches Review

The two most valuable features to me are the firewall and traffic bonding. The interface could be more user friendly.

Valuable Features:

The two most valuable features to me are the firewall and traffic bonding.

Room for Improvement:

The interface could be more user friendly and more intuitive in terms of what information or features are found where. I also wish there was a dashboard, kind of like landing page with all the basic system analytics.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

1 visitor found this review helpful
3 Comments
Tomaž BorštnarReal UserTOP 20

With so many features it is hard to have better interface and still be totally flexible. GUI is good, because it lets you see what is down there in the CLI :)

22 May 16
Dmitriy RonkinReal UserTOP 10POPULAR

Hard to disagree. Mikrotik is an excellent platform (ROI and Technology). Used it for while (firewall/router options). Runs like a charm but takes a believer (CIO support) to go high volume deployment. I consider MT is an underdog in the niche market for SME and Rural Telco.
I am a CLI person and MT CLI interface is very logical and easy to remember/follow.

04 January 17
Andrew S. Baker (ASB)Real UserTOP 5POPULAR

Mikrotik devices are very capable, but the UI could be a bit better (it is a bit confusing, especially compared to competing devices). They generally do very well on pricing, too.

03 November 17