Nagios XI Review
The product allows me to monitor a phone with address IP on a desk to very big servers of any company

Primary Use Case

Actors: Administrators of datacenter and relationship: DataCenter, other actors, all the equipments on datacenters, servers, and applications.

Improvements to My Organization

With Nagios, I can monitor a phone on a desk to very big servers of any company. Also, I can monitor a software made in-house to software of bigger companies.

Valuable Features

The community, Nagios XI is made on Nagios Core base, and the community makes plugins on almost any language of programming. Nagios is not owned by any brand.

The second feature is Nagios is very friendly, if you can customize the tool to the specific environment.

Room for Improvement

If you want the best security: Log Server is better. If you need in-depth networking, I recommend Network Analyzer. If you want any other implementation of Nagios, the best is Nagios Fusion.

Use of Solution

More than five years.

You should be careful when you monitor many hardwares with many softwares, the performance of one license could be compromised. You need to manage more than one license if you have an infrastructure which is very large.

10 out of 10.

Yes, I have used other solutions. I switched to Nagios, because Nagios is not linked with any brand that's independent. This is good because you can monitor any brand of switches, routers, servers, central phones, etc.

The initial configuration is very easy. The complex is customizing the solution.

Implementation Team

We are an expert consultant, who implements for customers.

ROI

It's complicated answer this question, but the ROI depends on Datacenter

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is good to contact experts for advice about what is the best solution for your specific infrastructure and enterprise.

Other Solutions Considered

I evaluated Zenoss, Zabbix, SolarWinds, and other solutions.

Other Advice

You will need an expert consultant for the best implementation.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We have a partnership with Nagios.
1 visitor found this review helpful