NetApp StorageGRID Review

Enables direct operations without dependency on third-party or associated tools

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is to replicate our backups to cloud on StorageGRID. We are integrators and don't use the solution ourselves, we install it for our clients. I'm an IT Service Consultant.

What is most valuable?

For StorageGRID, the duplication and interface are good and the manageability of StorageGRID is pretty good. So it's very simple to manage. I like the user interface. If you want to play with data on the grid you can do it very simply. You don't have to use any other tool. You can just carry out any direct operations without dependency on any other third-party tool or any associated tools. The speed is good too.

What needs improvement?

We had issues in a few areas because we couldn't do it from GUI. There is a separate tool for accessing the object and removing it and this created quite a challenge while exiting the data on StorageGRID and removing it. Aside from that it's quite a manageable solution.

I've been using this solution for three years.

Yes, it's a stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

I've used the technical support many times and they are very good.

The initial setup is quite complex but that has something to do with the way we have our infrastructure which is complicated. This is not the physical implementation, we were able to do that ourselves and it took about a day or so and was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good storage box and I would recommend it. It depends on how it matches with your IT infrastructure and the other components.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More NetApp StorageGRID reviews from users