NetSuite ERP Review

Manufacturing routing, inventory management, and SuiteScript enable business-specific customization

How has it helped my organization?

NetSuite allows quick modifications of entry forms, standard processes, and end result data. The ability to make modifications to the core system allows us to offer our clients more meaningful operational processes and reporting abilities.

What is most valuable?

The top three most valuable features for me are:

• manufacturing routing
  • inventory management
  • SuiteScript.

The functionality of these three features provides my team and me the ability to customize NetSuite for the craft beverage industry. We leverage the core platform but are able to add additional functionality for ease of use, tailored processes, and industry related reporting.

What needs improvement?

As with any system offering large volumes of data, there are limitations on processing large volumes of data in custom ways. The core data processing works great but when clients want to process data in custom ways, a limitation exists because of the cloud-based model and shared servers among clients.

More than five years.

There are no issues with stability. NetSuite has 99.9% uptime and it has scheduled releases with processes in place for full development cycles.

I believe scalability is a non-issue for 99% of companies. It may be an issue for companies processing excessive volumes of data but I don't have enough experience to comment further.

NetSuite has a good technical support team. They are timely on case responses and replies. For each case submitted, I've always been able to get someone on a WebEx to help with the case. The case solutions are helpful the majority of the time, but some cases might lead to an enhancement request or a defect that is being worked on. Overall, pretty good technical support from my experience.

Yes. I previously was a consultant for Aderant and was happy to make the switch because NetSuite is a larger company with more resources and has the ability to offer a superior product to small, on-premise model ERP companies.

The initial setup is complex. I would recommend that any company making a switch to NetSuite look to get help from a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller).

I would advise that you first meet with and scope out your project with a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller).

Yes. I looked into Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Dynamics.

What other advice do I have?

Look to get help from a NetSuite VAR (Value Added Reseller). The implementation will always be tough, but with the help of an experienced team, the transition will be better managed.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a NetSuite implementation consulting firm.