Okta Workforce Identity Review

Provides the security that we were looking at and a number of options for multifactor authentication

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for MFA for logging into our Windows RDS environment and a web-based application called Tableau. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The MFA part is the best. MFA provided most of the security that we were looking at with respect to the second level of authentication. Okta Workforce Identity provides a number of options with respect to multifactor authentication, such as the app, phone call, and text. These options provide different ways of logging in for users, and they were a lot more than what we needed. This is certainly a very good feature of Okta Workforce Identity.

What needs improvement?

They also have single sign-on (SSO). When we bought Okta Workforce Identity a year and a half ago, I was also looking at SSO, but not much documentation was available for SSO. The documentation for SSO should be a little more robust for somebody who is implementing it for the first time.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for almost one and a half years.

It is stable. I never faced any issues with its stability.

I have not scaled it much. The company for which we implemented this solution is into data mining or data analytics. They had multiple users. Most of the users were data scientists. I was the only one looking at it in terms of management.

There were a couple of occasions where I needed some support while setting it up for our RDS environment. Their technical support was educated enough with respect to the product. They were able to help us out and resolve the issue pretty quickly. I would say they are good on the support part.

Setting up the MFA for Windows RDS was very straightforward. Using it with Tableau was not very straightforward. It was a bit complex, but the documentation was handy enough to set it up.

I believe it competes well. The pricing is pretty competitive. I know that Microsoft also provides something similar with its MFA and identity services.

What other advice do I have?

It has been sufficient for our needs. I haven't seen any issues, so I would say it is a good product. If there was anything, the users would have complained, but I haven't received any complaints with respect to Okta Workforce Identity from the users.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a nine out of ten.

More Okta Workforce Identity reviews from users