Okta Workforce Identity Review

Very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

I am not using the custom identity aspect; I use it only for customers and staff. We wish to sell the customer EIM because, at the moment, they have a SaaS solution. You can use Microsoft Azure to host Workforce Identity.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta is a very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

It is not very interesting from a marketing perspective. For this, you can use open source solutions to reflect different groups.

Customer EIM is a new concept, and historically we use the customer EIM for the questionnaires or with focus. We have been using it for about 7 years.

It is a stable product.

It is a perfect solution in terms of scalability.

Technical support is excellent.

All the providers of EIM have the same licensing model. If you have 10 million users or customers of Okta, it is just one payment. However, it is costly in this case. The licensing model is unique to each user. Each user costs 10 euros. Therefore, if you have 10 million users, that's almost 100 million, so it is costly. The model is effective, however. Each user's identity is unique. It is cheaper for small companies and organizations, as they have fewer users. It is dependent on the evolution of your user base. It depends on usage per user, so the more sign-ins there are, the more expensive it becomes, so it works best for smaller companies from a financial perspective.

We considered Arribatec, which is a new startup solution in the market.

What other advice do I have?

If you require identity solutions as a service, I would recommend it, but it is dependent on the use case. I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
More Okta Workforce Identity reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with VMware Identity Manager
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.