Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse Review

Delivers the performance we need for large scale financial and procurement data

What is our primary use case?

We implemented Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse in Oracle Cloud with Oracle Analytics on top of financial and procurement data.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse is used globally to deliver extreme performance on large financial data sets. The data warehouse offers amazing performance.

What is most valuable?

The three top features for us are:

• Self-tuning
  • Self-securing
  • Self-patching

On top of it, you can create an instance in three minutes and use it with Oracle Analytics.

What needs improvement?

An improvement for us would be the inclusion of support for an internal IP, so we could use it directly with the VCN in Oracle Cloud. Basically, the autonomous data warehouse can only be reached using the public network which is not ideal for some companies. We usually use private network and need private IP to include it into our subnet.

We do not need more for now, it's working perfectly. I know Oracle is working on a solution.

Less than one year.

Stable, perfectly tuned, nothing to do.

We have had an amazing experience with technical support. Oracle has been helping us as we were almost the first to adopt it.

We tested different databases and vendors, but we needed extreme performance and a managed solution.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward, with almost nothing to do. The setup is very, very fast.

We used Deloitte for implementation and deployment.

The cost is perfect with Oracle Universal credit.

The products that we evaluated before choosing this solution were:

What other advice do I have?

Amazing performance. It's a revolution.

1 visitor found this review helpful