Oracle Identity Governance Review

Provides good out-of-the-box connectors, but customization is not easy to do

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we help customers migrate to different platforms integrated with multi-factor authentication.

This product is used for the provisioning of devices that are used for different applications and users inside the enterprise.

What is most valuable?

This solution offers multiple features that are valuable.

The most valuable feature is the set of out-of-the-box connectors. The connectors can be customized, and we do make use of several custom ones.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this product needs to be reduced. There are other modern IAM solutions that are available at a better price, and the use cases are very easy. It is cloud-based and it caters to the needs of an enterprise. For example, there are some features that we do not use, yet we still pay for them. In the past, there was no choice, but many options are now offered.

Customization is not easy to do. For example, additional reports or modules are difficult to create in a timely manner.

We would like to see more support for public cloud services.

We have been using this solution for approximately five years.

This is a stable product.

There is no doubt that this product scales well. It is a well-established product for enterprise users. One of our customers has an employee base of almost 30,000 people.

Technical support differs depending on the region. We have found that the turnaround time can be high, depending on what regional support we are dealing with.

I have experience with several similar solutions, including Centrify.

We are currently exploring SailPoint and Saviynt and although no decision has been made as of yet, we might move to another platform.

In the past, I also worked with SiteMinder, but it did not have this level of depth.

The initial setup is complex and for a larger, enterprise-level customer, it becomes very complex.

The cost of support and upgrading to the next release are both expensive. We have an annual maintenance contract.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the organizational budget and plan, which includes the roadmap to having an IAM solution.

In summary, they are not great, but not poor either. My biggest complaint is about the costs.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud