Oracle Identity Governance Overview

Oracle Identity Governance is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Identity tools. It is most often compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Oracle Identity Governance vs SailPoint IdentityIQ

What is Oracle Identity Governance?

Oracle Identity Governance reduces the total cost of ownership for organizations by empowering user self-service, simplifying audit and compliance tasks and automating IT operations. By delivering a comprehensive platform for access request, role lifecycle management, access certification, closed loop remediation and privileged account management, Oracle Identity Governance is a solution that address today's requirements and enables organizations to quickly adapt to emerging requirements. Oracle Identity Governance suite provides many benefits, including: Increased end user productivity, Increased IT productivity and automation of provisioning tasks, accelerated useronboarding and stringent controls over sensitive access to shared privileged accounts, Reduced total cost and risk and Increased efficiency.

Oracle Identity Governance is also known as Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle IAM, Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite.

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Oracle Identity Governance Customers

Werkbank, Oshkosh, PeerPay, Boingo, Kellogg's, Pella, Slanska, Avaya, D+M

Oracle Identity Governance Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Identity Governance pricing:
  • "The cost of support and upgrading to the next release are both expensive."
  • "The price is based on the number of users per year."

PB
IT Architecture Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to understand a customer's interests but it is missing a lot

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are based on CIM to connect different applications. It's centralization identity for the use of the servers to give the passwords.

• "Understanding what a customer is using, what they are looking for, and allowing permissions is a challenge. We use the information we get in order to understand the behavior of the customer beyond the security and to understand what they have been doing in the last month. It's a nice way to understand what is attracting the customer and what they are clicking. That could be implemented by using this kind of application."
  • "Our issues with the solution have to do with the integration with different applications. It's not easy to connect ICAO to this kind of product. It would be better to work on the extensions of the adapters for this kind of identity management solution in order to not put in the code in the product."

What other advice do I have?

With Oracle, you could do something for a million people but you need to make sure to do it right which isn't so easy. You need people and partners from Oracle for help. It's a good product but even good products need people to implement and maintain them especially during migration. You need senior people to help. I would recommend Oracle for a large implementation. My advice would be to solve the integration problem. Solve the way they interact when information is distributed. Properly distribute the customer's information. Understand that it is very difficult to implement. Make sure to…
CS
ICT Service Delivery Manager at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
It has a quick response time but because of the bugs we have already had some major incidents and complete unavailability

What is our primary use case?

We are using the on-premise deployment model of this solution. We chose this solution because we have a lot of Oracle products and other Oracle products aren't compatible with Active Directory.

• "It has a very good response time."
  • "It responds fast but because of the bugs we have already had some major incidents and complete unavailability."

What other advice do I have?

In the current setup, within our network, I would not rate it too high. It's maybe a six or a seven out of ten. Although, it might be related to the performance of our network. It's a good product as such, but you need to be aware that you need some people who are having the knowledge.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PD
Technical Project Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides good out-of-the-box connectors, but customization is not easy to do

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we help customers migrate to different platforms integrated with multi-factor authentication. This product is used for the provisioning of devices that are used for different applications and users inside the enterprise.

• "The most valuable feature is the set of out-of-the-box connectors."
  • "The cost of this product needs to be reduced."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the organizational budget and plan, which includes the roadmap to having an IAM solution. In summary, they are not great, but not poor either. My biggest complaint is about the costs. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
EG
Owner at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
Good connectors and auditing features, but the set up is complex and stability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I supported the product, and the customers using it globally. I was the technical support for it.

• "The most important feature is the connectors. Without the connectors, it can do nothing."
  • "One of the areas that need some improvement with Oracle specifically is the ease of implementation."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to train the teams on identity management concepts and the Oracle solution specifically. Have them take advantage of all the training that's available, and plan the implementation in phases. It has good features but it's complicated. I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a seven out of ten.
Amimesh Anand
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, with great RBAC and UI customization features

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Oracle and I'm a senior manager at the company.

• "Good features are the RBAC and UI customization."
  • "The user interface experience needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but it really depends what you're looking for and what will suit your needs. I can recommend it for users who are looking for the RBAC implementation, which should be the strongest one. If you're not looking for that then there are other options. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
AL
Security & Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A buggy solution with bad support, lots of bugs, and an interface that isn't user-friendly

• "The solution is quite stable once you are able to overcome the bugs"
  • "The initial setup is quite complex. The user interface is just awful. It's not user-friendly or intuitive at all."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I would not recommend the solution. Oracle is really pushing people to go to their cloud version. So you can not really get a proper on-premises solution. It's also a horrible price and for every single connector you want to have, or that you have to get, you have to pay and pay and pay. It is very expensive for what it does. Oracle did not put any effort into the features and implementation of their product. They just put layers on layers on layers. It's very difficult for a developer to extend the full scenario of features of this product. I would…
MM
Identity and Access Management Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and scalable enterprise identity management system, but it's difficult to use

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of use cases. We use it to manage everything within the user interface, for example, direct access privileges.

• "It's a stable and scalable solution."
  • "The product design has some complications for doing some use cases. I would like to see easier onboarding of applications and easier ways to plugin the customization codes."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that many other products are much easier to implement than this solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Identity Governance a six.
Download our free Identity Management (IM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock, and more!