Oracle Identity Governance Review

Flexible, with great RBAC and UI customization features

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Oracle and I'm a senior manager at the company.

What is most valuable?

The features I like in this solution are the RBAC and the UI customization, particularly that it has a granular level modification. I also like that it is flexible and able to implement my requirements.

What needs improvement?

The user interface experience needs to be improved. In order to get where you want to be, it requires multiple scripts when it should be simple with a one button click. The complexity of the tool and development could also be improved. The most important point is that Oracle hasn't adjusted itself to the current market, they are still doing the same thing they've done for the last 10 years. If you use Saviynt, for example, they have the ER implemented where they will offer suggestions. I also think the solution should have Cloud support.

This solution is stable.

The solution is scalable - we have over 25,000 users.

The initial setup is complex. If, for example, you're implementing a connector, and using tools like SailPoint, Saviynt or NetIQ, it's simple. With Oracle, there are lots of places where you have to make changes and they need to be done throughout the process so there's a lot of dependency there. Deployment can take between two to three months if it's a simple implementation and doesn't require customization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but it really depends what you're looking for and what will suit your needs. I can recommend it for users who are looking for the RBAC implementation, which should be the strongest one. If you're not looking for that then there are other options.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Oracle Identity Governance reviews from users