Oracle Identity Governance Review

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Identity Manager is its integration with other Oracle products. Specifically, its in the same stack as WebLogic and Database. This provides us a consistent set of products and tools, which is valuable for the continuity of both our IT and business operations.

How has it helped my organization?

We provide it as a service to the government. Identity Manager solves a very real problem that they have which is to control all identities they have in their system as well as access to those identities. So it really is essential to the entire life cycle of tracking identities, a problem that IM solves.

What needs improvement?

I'm more looking forward to seeing what they do for the new cloud services that they're rolling out, which is actually a different product, but they are offering identity as part of a cloud offering. This would be an improvement over the software offering.

The company overall has been using them for quite some time. Our project has been around for three years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability seems to depend on the day of the week. Overall, it's pretty stable, but it's software so, like anything else, it has problems.

For what we've done, it's scaled. It's difficult to say what scale we're measuring against because we're not the size of a Google, but we do have several hundred thousand identities in our system. For our purposes, it's scalable.

We work with Oracle, open a service request, and they resolve it. Dealing with Oracle support is separate from the product team, and dealing with support can be very challenging a lot of times. It's very difficult to convince them and to get them to understand the problem, and then to involve the right people to solve it. Once they get the right people there to solve it, then the support is fine.

The client was using a Sun Microsystems solutions, so Oracle acquired Sun Microsystems and the client re-evaluated what solution they should use going forward, and they made the switch to Oracle.

I came in a little after they had already started, but I was there for the initial go-live. These are large, complex products, so I wouldn't say they're easy, but we have people who know what they're doing, so it wasn't a problem.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle Identity Manager is not the easiest to configure nor is it the lightest weight, but again, it's all integrated together and it's a consistent set of tools.

More Oracle Identity Governance reviews from users