Oracle Identity Governance Review

It helps in streamlining the identity lifecycle management, beginning with bringing in an employee, contractor or partner into the system until the day they leave the organization.

Valuable Features

Its value for us comes from the fact that it allows us to manage the entire identity lifecycle, including the on-boarding (provisioning), off-boarding (de-provisioning), modifications to the identities, self-service, password management, and administration of identities.

Improvements to My Organization

It helps in streamlining the identity lifecycle management, beginning with bringing in an employee, contractor or partner into the system to until the day they leave the organization.

It also streamlines many front desk operational tasks such as password management, personal and business detail updates, and it improves the governance around identity management.

Room for Improvement

Features need to be implemented that take into consideration solutions and products outside the Oracle stack. The industry is moving towards more generalization to compete in the market, and Oracle has to adapt to those changes.

Use of Solution

Personally, I have used this for a a decade now, but with my current employer and in this role, we have been using it for the last six years.

We've had very few issues with deployment, I would say. But since we have the expertise and Oracle’s support to tackle from the product perspective, things are taken care of in such cases.

We've had very few issues with stability, I would say. But since we have the expertise and Oracle’s support to tackle from the product perspective, things are taken care of in such cases.

We've had very few issues with scalability, I would say. But since we have the expertise and Oracle’s support to tackle from the product perspective, things are taken care of in such cases.

Customer service has been satisfactory. Oracle has a lot to improve in their customer service in and around this product.

Technical support has been satisfactory. Oracle has a lot to improve in their technical support in and around this product.

We focused purely on what the product had to offer and the designed and architected it around those lines, which made the initial setup decently straightforward rather than complex with workflows to manage later.

Implementation Team

We implemented the solution in-house using a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to handle the keyboard activities where our internal team worked on architecting and designing the solution with short term engagement with vendor professional services (PS).

Other Solutions Considered

We have evaluated a few other market leaders in the area as part of our solution upgrade. When we did an apples-to-apples comparison, with our IT foot print, moving with OIM into the next version as well was the right decision.

Other Advice

Evaluate the product and solution against your existing IT Infrastructure and hybrid model of on-premises and off-premises applications. Based on the footprint weight, you need to implement your IAM Identity Management system.