Oracle Identity Governance Review

Provides us with better control of our identity data and entitlements in target systems. The process of integrating with target systems can be simplified.

Valuable Features

Reconciliation and provisioning engine, but we also use other features like requests, approvals, and reporting.

Improvements to My Organization

We now have better control of our identity data and entitlements in target systems. Automation of provisioning, updating and deprovisioning of accounts in target systems.

Room for Improvement

The process of integrating with target systems can be simplified. Setting up a connector is a cumbersome process involving several interfaces, configuration objects, etc.

Use of Solution

It's been in production for three years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

Minor issues with stability and performance, but after tuning properly most of these were solved.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Depends on the support agent. It can vary from good to very poor. In general, it takes a lot of time before support requests are routed to higher instances like development teams.

Initial setup has got better then previous versions, but still has place for improvement. The setup involves a lot of sub-components with many dependencies etc. The documentation is not entirely clear with regards to dependencies.

Implementation Team

I work for a consulting company that has implemented Oracle Identity Manager at clients. It might be that my views are biased, but I would certainly recomend to have technical expertise before starting an implementation project.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I would recommend purchasing the licenses before the end of Oracles fiscal year. You tend to get the best discounts then.

Other Solutions Considered

We are currently involved in the process of evaluating other vendors.

Other Advice

Gartner and Forrester offer reports comparing and ranking different vendors. At the initiation of our implementation project, Oracle was ranked as a leader. The picture has changed since then. In my personal opinion, the choice of technical solution should always be subordinate to companys needs, issues and use-cases. When these are defined, the company should compare several different solutions to each other and focus on ease of learning and use of product.