Oracle Identity Governance Review

It is stable and works under high load. It has a connector for most of the legacy products.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Identity Manager’s most valuable feature is that it is a pretty stable product, and it works on a high load. It also has a connector for most of the legacy products, so it connects pretty much smoothly: so provisioning is pretty good with this product.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle Identity Manager helps to organize, control, and maintain the user IDs and user access keys for an organization. It also has an Activity Manager, for handling situations such as an employee leaving the company.

What needs improvement?

The look and feel could be improved. I have worked with and looked at different products. The look and feel of those were pretty good or better than this product.

This is a stable product, but the look and feel is not that great.

It is pretty good on scalability as well.

Technical support is good. Most of the support is online, and they take their time. It should be a little bit more of an active response, geared to stabilizing the situation and helping clients fix their issues.

We were using something, which was acquired by Oracle and then we migrated to Oracle. We also have a lot of data to process, and Oracle performs well for that.

Considering the market, it is pretty straightforward to set up.

What other advice do I have?

Try the different products and you will feel the difference. It may be a little difficult to go with this product, but it does help developing at a later phase, so there they will get advantage. So if they really want to compare, compare it full-fledged, considering all points, not only the top one or two points; then decide whether it is good.

More Oracle Identity Governance reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SailPoint IdentityIQ
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.