Oracle Identity Governance Review

One of the most important features is single sign-on

How has it helped my organization?

One of the most visible improvements would be the fast turn around for getting users access to the system on the day they start work and getting users out of the environment on the last day of work.

What is most valuable?

The most important features that have impacted our environment recently are the Single Sign-On solution, role based provisioning, and the automated provisioning of accounts to target systems. This is because we operate in a large environment with huge user turnover. Lots of applications are manually provisioning and deprovisioning, which can be quite daunting when done manually.

What needs improvement?

The development and the administration side could be a lot more intuitive and easier to use than it currently is, in terms of functionality and what it tries to achieve as a Single Sign-On entity for an enterprise environment. However, on the development and administration side, the learning curve is steep and quite challenging to master.

We don’t really have any issues with the platforms stability as it is up and running with minimal downtime that is caused by the OIM itself. I would rate the platform as very stable.

At the moment, we have not had any issues with the product’s scalability.

The technical support from the product owners could be a lot better. Their default mechanism seems to be referring you to documentation, which most times does not solve your issues immediately. I believe that when you reach out to technical support for help, you want someone who can help address your needs immediately, not telling you how to investigate the issues yourself.

This is the first implementation of a Single Sign-On solution.

I was not here for the initial setup, but from what I have seen so far, it seemed pretty complex.

What other advice do I have?

Document, Document, and Document. The product is very vast and complex and it can get pretty large in a short amount time. It pays to document every thing you do. Other than that, I think it’s a great product and it has a lot of potential.