Oracle Identity Governance Review

Most areas need improvement including GUI and core functionality

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able, after eight months of coding our own Java classes, to implement a Joiner/Mover/Leaver process.

What is most valuable?

I won't lie to you. Since we didn't have an IDM, the idea of an IDM and all of its functionality has been valuable.

What needs improvement?

Most areas need improvements, all the way from the GUI to core functionality, logging, traceability, configuration, and bugs causing crashes. I don't know where to start. It is too complex, has too many bugs, and is an immature product, even the best case, beta version.)

One of the 5-6 consoles (Design Console) is a blast from the 1970's. It crashes constantly. The vendor is aware of it, but has stated that this is not a priority for them to fix.

There were no issues with scalability.

I would rate technical support as the worst. We have had constant meetings with them to follow up on our tickets. If you don't ask them for an update on a daily basis, they will not work on your case. Our average solution time is six to eight weeks, and this includes production issues. I have waited eight months for an answer, and the answer was, "If it fails when you do that, then don't do it."

We used an ETL-engine to push users earlier. It didn't have any "IDM functionality" so we switched to what we though was the best solution available.

I dare you to get an installation up and running in a PoC environment in less than a week. In my opinion, if you haven't done it before, you can't do it in less time.

What other advice do I have?

Don't use it! Find something else. Ask me for advice. We are currently switching to another vendor/product.