Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

Good scheduling and reporting with very reliable stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to centrally manage multiple firewalls that we have in our infrastructure and to be able to consistently push policies to them. It's really just a management platform.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution are the backup to recovery, pushing out the patches, and scheduling.

It also has good reporting capabilities in it as well.

What needs improvement?

I don't see many places to improve the solution. For us, it's working quite well.

The solution should improve the speed at which they make changes on the system. Historically, they've been a bit slow in that respect. They should apply changes to the box quicker and more often.

I've probably used the solution a few years now. I would say that it's been at least three to four years.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. We don't experience bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. It works as expected.

Right now, the solution appears to be very scalable. I should note that, with a company of our size, we're not pushing it to its functional limits or anything by any stretch of the imagination. That said, it scales very well for us.

I personally have never required much help from them, but I have found that they're very responsive. Our company has been satisfied with the level of support they have provided us over the years.

The initial setup was not complex. It was actually quite straightforward.

My engineer did most of the installation for the organization. We didn't need outside resources or any kind.

We pay approximately $3,000 a year in order to use the product.

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller of Palo Alto.

We're currently using the most up to date version of the solution at our organization.

I would advise companies considering using the solution to go through the training before setting out on implementing anything. New users should maybe be somewhat familiar with it before they do the installation, just so that they can familiarize themselves with how it works. It's not difficult, however, you just don't want to go at it without having some understanding of where things are located. It will make the setup much easier.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten overall. It's a very solid product from a management perspective. Often companies will try to oversell how great their product is, however, in this case, it's true. It's very good.

More Palo Alto Networks Panorama reviews from users