Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

An easy setup with good security alerts and a nice dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security.

What is most valuable?

The solution works on a single pane of glass, so we have a good overview of everything happening.

We can easily look at security alerts.

Our team has the option to make configuration changes at any given time.

There are excellent reporting capabilities within the product.

The setup is quite easy.

What needs improvement?

The pricing should be reconsidered. It's too high right now.

At times we have noticed that we get into issues where Panorama is going too slow or has other little problems. The performance can suffer occasionally.

I've worked with the solution for three to four years at this point. It's been a while now.

The solution is stable, aside from a few performance issues. We find it to be reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not really buggy. It's pretty good.

The solution isn't too scalable. Organizations should keep this in mind if they are considering installing it.

We have about ten or more people on the team that make use of the solution. They're admins and they monitor it.

Technical support has been good so far. I'd say that we are satisfied with the service. They seem to be knowledgable and responsive.

The initial setup isn't too complex. It's pretty straightforward.

The production instances take about an hour or so. Deployment is fast.

We have ten admins that make sure the solution is working properly at any given time.

The pricing is too high for us. We'd like it to be more affordable.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Palo Alto.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution I'm using. I've worked with many versions, including both newer and older ones.

We use multiple deployment models. We use both cloud and on-premises deployments.

In general, I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. It's worked well for us and we don't believe there's anything feature-wise that is really missing.

I'd rate the solution, on a scale from one to ten, at an eight. Of course, if it was less expensive and had a more stable performance, I'd mark it higher.

Hybrid Cloud