Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

Stable with a good user interface but could have better security updates

What is most valuable?

Via the management display, you can actually manage multiple firewalls within it. We have multiple sites and are able to manage multiple firewalls very well.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The solution scales well.

The product has been quite stable so far.

Technical support is helpful and knowledgeable.

The user interface is pretty good.

The pricing of the product is fair. It's not too high.

What needs improvement?

The product does need a bit of configuration. It's not quite ready to go out of the box.

The solution could do a bit more with its security updates. Palo Alto in general could be a bit more secure.

Support is pretty good, however, they could always be a bit faster and more responsive.

I've been using Palo Alto products for three years and Panorama for about one year.

The solution is very stable. We didn't have any issues with crashes or freezing. There aren't bugs or glitches. It works well.

The solution can scale if you need it to.

We have multiple sites. We have ten to 20 branches across India.

Technical support is pretty good. they have good engineers on their side. They are very helpful and they follow up. We're very satisfied with their level of support.

The installation process took several steps. First of all, we needed to do all the media files. I basically just downloaded the media files from the folder. Then we deployed into the VM. We added a management tool in Palo Alto. After that, we needed to ensure that the Palo Alto and Panorama were using the correct serial number, and we needed to set up a template to get a US2. We then purchased a warranty and listed the policies from the Panorama to Palo Alto.

I'm not quite sure how long the full deployment took.

The solution isn't too expensive. It's reasonable, especially if you compare it to other options on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We are Palo Alto partners.

I believe I am using a variation of version nine from Panorama. I've deployed the solution on a virtual machine, however, I've never deployed it to the cloud.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

Overall, I would rate it at a seven on a scale from one to ten.

More Palo Alto Networks Panorama reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks Panorama. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.