Palo Alto Networks Panorama Review

Can be used for centralized management but has a complex initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We have five to six firewalls, and we manage those firewalls with Palo Alto Networks Panorama.

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature is centralized management. We are able to manage it centrally for two to three remote offices, our head office and our data centers. So, it is very simple to manage.

The second valuable feature is that it stores a lot of the logs. When we require it, we can get the dump, and we can get the logs.

What needs improvement?

Palo Alto must provide a cloud-based feature or solution.

The initial setup requires expertise and can be a bit complex.

I would like to see the management be a bit more simple than it is currently.

I've been using this solution for around two and a half years.

I find Panorama to be a stable solution.

As for scalability, I tried to add on a Prisma Access plugin, and it was able to take the load.

There are five firewalls behind Panorama, and there are 200-300 users behind these five firewalls.

We have made calls to and raised issues with technical support, and they have been responsive.

The initial setup is a bit complex and requires expertise. Configuring a firewall is a bit easier than configuring multiple firewalls at a time through Panorama. To create device groups and templates, and to manage everything is a bit difficult the first time.

We have a yearly license. The cost is not that high and not that cheap either.

What other advice do I have?

If you have multiple firewalls, like around 10 to 15 firewalls, then you should go for Palo Alto Networks Panorama. If you do not have more than 10 firewalls, I would not recommend that you go with it.

If I were to rate it on a scale from one to ten, I would rate Palo Alto Networks Panorama at seven.

More Palo Alto Networks Panorama reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about Palo Alto Networks Panorama. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.