Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

It catches modified signatures of known viruses

What is our primary use case?

We don't want a virus. We don't want people visiting unknown sites and opening us up to any type of malware or any type of virus attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't had a virus. That is a good thing. It makes my job easier. For the organization as a whole, no viruses mean people keep their jobs, which is a good thing.

It is an outstanding solution. It is one of the top solutions out there from what we have tested, and we have even tested Cisco Firepower.

What is most valuable?

You can see everything that's going on in your network. It constantly updates their signatures and new anti-spyware signatures. That is updated daily.

It catches modified signatures of known viruses. It is an easy interface to use.

What needs improvement?

They should make their user interface a little more user-friendly.

Three to five years.

We are a decent size organization. If the product can fit our organization, it should be able to fit pretty much any other organization just as well.

Their technical support is outstanding and top-notch.

They were things that only somebody who had worked with Palo Alto before would probably be able to break down, then tell you how to set up your initial rule sets and explain what exactly they do. The vendor helped us look at what we have going out versus what is coming in.

They provided in-house support when we initially set it up. They made sure that we were supported from start to finish. Any questions we had, we had someone that we could reach out to, and we had an answer within a matter of minutes to hours. They are very responsive and easy to work with.

What other advice do I have?

Test it in your environment because everyone's environment is different.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Price matching up with features.
  • Support
  • SLA agreements
  • Customer relationship management.