Palo Alto Networks WildFire Review

Helps us when segmenting and securing the network

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are for firewalls, cloud, and on-premise.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us when segmenting and securing the network and all sort of technologies, all sort of next generation needs. It's the next generation phases of firewall like anti-virus, sandboxing, wifi, and VPN.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are quite good.

What needs improvement?

Other vendors have some sort of bandwidth management built into the firewall itself and Palo Alto is missing that.

If there was anything extra for the endpoint security and VNC that would be good, but again it's coming with Palo Alto and must come with some additional cost.

More than five years.

It's very stable. With respect to scalability and stability both, I would say are quite scalable and very steady. I haven't seen any issues.

This solution is being used corporate-wide, more than a couple thousand people.

Most of the time their technical support has been perfect. A few times a few of the tech support engineers did not have strong knowledge. Overall, though, it's good.

I have worked with Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint, too many of them.

The initial setup was straightforward. The setup took less than an hour, it's a simple firewall setup.

What other advice do I have?

It's a stable product. It's pretty expensive but with respect to value for money, it's okay.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.