Pandora FMS Review

Provided insight with respect to our IT services

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is monitoring in a hybrid server environment, with Windows and Unix operating systems. Also, network devices with their interfaces.

We also make use of the following functionality:

• Determining relationships between network devices and servers
  • Finding the root cause of the problems easily
  • Notification and SLA reports

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization because we gain time by simplifying the root cause analysis. We can easily operate monitoring activities, which decreases operational costs.

The features for creating a business service model and the Business Process Monitor (BPM) help us to understand how our IT services work. We can customize business-related metrics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is an all-in-one monitoring system. It handles a server, network devices, log management, and remote connections.

Some other features we find valuable are:

• Easy to deploy and easy to extend.
  • Ready to use application plug-ins like SAP, VMware, and Weblogic
  • Topology-based monitoring
  • Business model, service-based monitoring

What needs improvement?

The automation for remediation needs to be improved.

Improvements are needed for server and network discovery, including service-based discovery.

I would like to see the following features in the next release:

• Artificial Intelligence (AI) for event management
    • Network Automation for configuration back-up of network devices
    • Security compliance analysis and reporting

More than one year.

This is a high-performance solution and is easy to scale any size.

The Pandora FMS customer and technical support team are responsive and very quick.

I changed solutions because Pandora FMS is an all-in-one solution that is cost-efficient.

This initial setup is easy. It is very simple and the documentation is helpful.

The support team was very responsive when we had questions during implementation.

We used an in-house team for implementation.

Pandora FMS is easy to implement and the pricing of licenses is competitive.

We evaluated several products including Nagios XI, HP OpenView, Zabbix, and ManageEngine.

1 visitor found this review helpful
    1 Comment
    Carlos NunesReal UserTOP 5

I agree with all your comments.

but I think it would also be great if PANDORA fms had a very basic version or for small businesses for free.

04 September 19