Pandora FMS Overview

Pandora FMS is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Zabbix: Pandora FMS vs Zabbix

What is Pandora FMS?

Pandora FMS Enterprise is the perfect on-premise monitoring software for companies with at least 100 devices.

Stop wasting your time and resources on complex and silo'd monitoring systems that are poorly integrated.

It’s an all-in-one package offering modern and flexible IT monitoring, replacing the need for multiple, difficult-to-integrate, and more costly monitoring systems.

Pandora FMS Buyer's Guide

Download the Pandora FMS Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Pandora FMS Customers

Rakuten, Prosegur, Repsol, Teléfonica, Allianz, Ottawa Hospital, Hughes

Pandora FMS Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pandora FMS pricing:
  • "They are very competitive on the pricing side. That's one reason why my manager keeps using it."
  • "My rule of thumb would be that if you need more than thirty agents, and you lack an automation tool such as Chef or Puppet, you will save a lot of time and money going to the Enterprise edition."
  • "Growing the solution or migrating to the Enterprise version is easy, and various plans are available."
  • "The open-source version offers 100% functionality and the hardware requirements for a solution like this one are very modest."
  • "In terms of money, the Enterprise version is the cheapest that I have found after a market study."
  • "The Open Source Community Edition is great to just explore the software, or use it on medium-sized infrastructures."

MC
Systems Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Super stable, very flexible, feature-rich, competitive price, and does the job

What is our primary use case?

We use its latest version to monitor all our Windows and Linux servers.

• "It is easy to create your own custom modules if you just know a little bit of scripting. If you have unique requirements, you can just make your own modules. You can even grab checks from other vendors. There are open-source checks for various things such as SMTP, etc. There is a long list of different ones from Nagios. You can just use them, and within seconds, you get yourself a check that is monitoring whatever you need. It is really flexible. I guess that's why they call it Pandora Flexible Monitoring System (FMS). It is reliable. It does the job, and it alerts. It is also surprisingly feature-rich. Our network guy just recently asked about a particular protocol to monitor the bandwidth on the network, which is not a common protocol. When I looked it up, and I found that they cover it. It is very mature for a not-so-known product."
  • "Their support is good, but it is just online communication. It would be great to be able to just call someone and talk to them instead of always writing. It works well for me because I am a decent communicator in email, but some people might find it difficult to describe in a written fashion and communicate with them that way. There is a learning curve to the interface, but once you get used to it, it is actually very powerful. They have a lot of options, but people struggle with the interface. They've improved it though, and it is getting better. They need to keep improving the learning curve to help buy-in. I'm the guy that manages it, so I'm comfortable with it. They can refine the upgrade agents to be easier. They can also do more refinement in end-user usability because not everyone is strong technically, and people who aren't strong technically might be averse to the product, even though it has come a long way. It has a complete GUI and everything."

What other advice do I have?

You should definitely look at it. It is good so far, and it does the job for a mid-size organization like ours. I would rate Pandora FMS a nine out of ten.
Alexandre Pérez Jorge
User
Single-point continuous supervision makes it efficient for detecting and solving problems

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the daily monitoring of all the network traffic for my bank client. With it, I supervise and monitor more than one hundred nodes and servers of all kinds, such as print servers, file servers, etc. From Pandora, I can have everything controlled and under continuous supervision. I supervise maintenance and optimization of the network infrastructure from Pandora. When we want to monitor a new server or a new machine installed in the pandora network, it detects it automatically and we already have it monitored. It is very easy and practical to work with this tool and is very… more »

• "What I value most about Pandora FMS is the simplicity of working with it."
  • "The price for Pandora FMS is expensive."
Learn what your peers think about Pandora FMS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1141848
User
SLA reporting and a powerful alert system help us monitor our diverse environment

What is our primary use case?

We use Pandora FMS to monitor both on-premise and Cloud infrastructure, and some KPIs of our application. The SLA reports are simply extraordinary, it's very simple and easy to generate them and see whether the solution is behaving as expected or not.

• "The official forum is active enough to answer most of the high-end technical questions that you may have."
  • "Pandora FMS is an overall great monitoring solution, but it does not have a community that is as large as Zabbix or Nagios."
Jimmy Olano
Developer at KS7000
Good manageability, reporting, and licensing, but it should include an ISO image for companies using VPSs

What is our primary use case?

We use it for "remote desktop" via eHorus (integrated into console Pandora FMS), to check connectivity, for database status, and disk drive free space capacity. This solution is very useful for keeping track of «Let's Encrypt» certificates (expiration) for our web blog and its uptime.

• "Pandora FMS provides us with a general report (graphical) about all of the connected devices, which helps with planning new stations and tracking them."
  • "It would be useful if Pandora FMS included an ISO image (or «software appliance») for each big company that leases virtual private machines (VPS), just like in AWS."

What other advice do I have?

There is a community of users at pandorafms.org where you can see errors that other people have experienced, in addition to a blog with technical articles. It is all very useful.
Carlos Nunes
Telecomunicações at GoContact
Provides helpful network insights, with good community support available in Spanish

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for the testing of possible network monitoring scenarios. I have tried the solution but I am still in the testing phase, reading the documentation and training.

• "I like this solution a lot because it has a very large Hispanic community and the platform looks very friendly."
  • "I find that this software is resource heavy, and demands a lot of processing capacity."

What other advice do I have?

I like this solution a lot because it has a very large Hispanic community and the platform looks very friendly. Given the need for organizations to monitor their networks, I find Pandora to be very useful. Overall, I really like the solution and I will continue training. My advice is to make more documentation available in Spanish.
Luis (Abe) Ibrahim Delgado Pláter
User
A Lightweight monitoring solution that has helped to streamline our processes

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for the deployment of a Linux and Windows mixed environment to keep track of the infrastructure and generate periodical capacity plannings, execution of personalized scripts on remote servers to collect data from in-house applications, and to centralize the monitoring of the whole infrastructure.

• "The solution is so lightweight that with only 4GB of ram, it allows keeping track of up to two hundred agents from a single console."
  • "When it comes to the definition of local Software Agents for the first time in the open-source version, it can become very tedious."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a really complete monitoring solution then you should consider this one.
JaJavi
Network Manager at Adora Walau
Saves costs related to monitoring my camera and alarm network

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution to monitor and control a network of jewelry stores. I use AI for the prevention and prediction of future problems in my company, especially in certain points that I could not control before, such as cameras and alarms.

• "Thanks to its flexibility, I have been able to adapt the tool to our servers and find out quickly how their console works."
  • "I sincerely believe that Pandora needs new ideas for functionality closer to advanced device security monitoring."

What other advice do I have?

This is the best solution if you don't want to get in trouble. Their project department has helped me at all times by adapting the software to the needs of my business. Even in the last implementation of the program, they have included a functionality that I asked for myself. Until very recently they didn't have good multi-tenancy monitoring, but they're moving fast and they've fixed it. Try the free version first, and later you will want the paid version.
m.angel
User at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Good network visibility, easy to use, and has good documentation

What is our primary use case?

In comparison with most monitoring software, this software is incredibly easy to use. It does 95% of what we want it to and the remainder is currently waiting on new features that have been added to the roadmap.

• "It allows me to quickly see the status of all of my printers, switches, computers, and virtual machines to determine if any system has fallen."
  • "This solution requires proper training to get 100% out of it."
See 3 more Pandora FMS Reviews
Download our free Pandora FMS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.