Pandora FMS Overview

Pandora FMS is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Zabbix: Pandora FMS vs Zabbix

What is Pandora FMS?

Pandora FMS Enterprise is the perfect on-premise monitoring software for companies with at least 100 devices.

Stop wasting your time and resources on complex and silo'd monitoring systems that are poorly integrated.

It’s an all-in-one package offering modern and flexible IT monitoring, replacing the need for multiple, difficult-to-integrate, and more costly monitoring systems.

Pandora FMS Buyer's Guide

Download the Pandora FMS Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Pandora FMS Customers

Rakuten, Prosegur, Repsol, Teléfonica, Allianz, Ottawa Hospital, Hughes

Pandora FMS Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pandora FMS pricing:
  • "They are very competitive on the pricing side. That's one reason why my manager keeps using it."
  • "Growing the solution or migrating to the Enterprise version is easy, and various plans are available."
  • "The open-source version offers 100% functionality and the hardware requirements for a solution like this one are very modest."
  • "The Open Source Community Edition is great to just explore the software, or use it on medium-sized infrastructures."

MC
Systems Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Super stable, very flexible, feature-rich, competitive price, and does the job

What is our primary use case?

We use its latest version to monitor all our Windows and Linux servers.

• "It is easy to create your own custom modules if you just know a little bit of scripting. If you have unique requirements, you can just make your own modules. You can even grab checks from other vendors. There are open-source checks for various things such as SMTP, etc. There is a long list of different ones from Nagios. You can just use them, and within seconds, you get yourself a check that is monitoring whatever you need. It is really flexible. I guess that's why they call it Pandora Flexible Monitoring System (FMS). It is reliable. It does the job, and it alerts. It is also surprisingly feature-rich. Our network guy just recently asked about a particular protocol to monitor the bandwidth on the network, which is not a common protocol. When I looked it up, and I found that they cover it. It is very mature for a not-so-known product."
  • "Their support is good, but it is just online communication. It would be great to be able to just call someone and talk to them instead of always writing. It works well for me because I am a decent communicator in email, but some people might find it difficult to describe in a written fashion and communicate with them that way. There is a learning curve to the interface, but once you get used to it, it is actually very powerful. They have a lot of options, but people struggle with the interface. They've improved it though, and it is getting better. They need to keep improving the learning curve to help buy-in. I'm the guy that manages it, so I'm comfortable with it. They can refine the upgrade agents to be easier. They can also do more refinement in end-user usability because not everyone is strong technically, and people who aren't strong technically might be averse to the product, even though it has come a long way. It has a complete GUI and everything."

What other advice do I have?

You should definitely look at it. It is good so far, and it does the job for a mid-size organization like ours. I would rate Pandora FMS a nine out of ten.
Alexandre Pérez Jorge
User
Single-point continuous supervision makes it efficient for detecting and solving problems

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the daily monitoring of all the network traffic for my bank client. With it, I supervise and monitor more than one hundred nodes and servers of all kinds, such as print servers, file servers, etc. From Pandora, I can have everything controlled and under continuous supervision. I supervise maintenance and optimization of the network infrastructure from Pandora. When we want to monitor a new server or a new machine installed in the pandora network, it detects it automatically and we already have it monitored. It is very easy and practical to work with this tool and is very… more »

• "What I value most about Pandora FMS is the simplicity of working with it."
  • "The price for Pandora FMS is expensive."
Learn what your peers think about Pandora FMS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jimmy Olano
Developer at KS7000
Good manageability, reporting, and licensing, but it should include an ISO image for companies using VPSs

What is our primary use case?

We use it for "remote desktop" via eHorus (integrated into console Pandora FMS), to check connectivity, for database status, and disk drive free space capacity. This solution is very useful for keeping track of «Let's Encrypt» certificates (expiration) for our web blog and its uptime.

• "Pandora FMS provides us with a general report (graphical) about all of the connected devices, which helps with planning new stations and tracking them."
  • "It would be useful if Pandora FMS included an ISO image (or «software appliance») for each big company that leases virtual private machines (VPS), just like in AWS."

What other advice do I have?

There is a community of users at pandorafms.org where you can see errors that other people have experienced, in addition to a blog with technical articles. It is all very useful.
Luis (Abe) Ibrahim Delgado Pláter
User
A Lightweight monitoring solution that has helped to streamline our processes

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for the deployment of a Linux and Windows mixed environment to keep track of the infrastructure and generate periodical capacity plannings, execution of personalized scripts on remote servers to collect data from in-house applications, and to centralize the monitoring of the whole infrastructure.

• "The solution is so lightweight that with only 4GB of ram, it allows keeping track of up to two hundred agents from a single console."
  • "When it comes to the definition of local Software Agents for the first time in the open-source version, it can become very tedious."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a really complete monitoring solution then you should consider this one.
m.angel
User at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Good network visibility, easy to use, and has good documentation

What is our primary use case?

In comparison with most monitoring software, this software is incredibly easy to use. It does 95% of what we want it to and the remainder is currently waiting on new features that have been added to the roadmap.

• "It allows me to quickly see the status of all of my printers, switches, computers, and virtual machines to determine if any system has fallen."
  • "This solution requires proper training to get 100% out of it."
Juan Manuel Gonzalez
Services Desk Manager at Asociacion Peravia de Ahorros y Prestamos
Auto-discovery and auto detection have helped us to resolve problems more expediently

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor our institutional network.

• "The most valuable features are auto-discovery and automatic detection of the network topology and network monitoring."
  • "It would be helpful to include the generation of reports for times that the network was out of service."
Ralp
IT Consultant at Duosis
A single point of monitoring helps to identify and resolve issues before they become critical

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the monitoring and control of IT infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

Pandora FMS is a powerful monitoring system that has enabled us to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the single monitoring solution. We are able to control our business with this all-in-one monitoring tool.

What needs improvement?

Third-party integration should be improved for some commonly used products such as Universal CMDB.

six months.