Pardot Review

Great tracking and automation of outbound messaging but quite expensive for smaller organizations

What is our primary use case?

We used the solution primarily for our interior sales team. It was used for outbound marketing and sales management.

What is most valuable?

The tracking and automation of outbound messaging is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The product's capabilities were excellent. It could do a lot of really neat tasks.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite expensive, at least, for smaller teams. In terms of what we used it for the amount of time that we used it, really, it just came down to dollars and cents. We couldn't afford it and had to move away from it altogether.

We used the solution for a while internally. We used it for a few months at least. It wasn't that long.

The solution's stability seems to be fine. There were no bugs or glitches. It didn't crash or freeze. It was reliable in terms of performance.

Internally, we used it for a little while. However, we are a pretty small sales team. We're a small company in general, and we're sitting at around 20 employees normally.

I would assume the solution could scale, however, it was too big of a solution for us as it was. We had no need to expand it and therefore never attempted to.

Technical support was fine. They were knowledgeable and responsive. We found them to be helpful. We were satisfied with the level of support we received.

I can't speak to the initial setup. I couldn't say if the solution was difficult or easy to set up. I wasn't a part of the initial implementation process and therefore don't have any information on the process or the amount of time it took to deploy everything.

Pardot was a little bit big and expensive for our needs, however, the capabilities of the product were really cool and did a lot of really neat things that we did appreciate. However, for the budget that we had and our sales team is on, it was just a little bit on the higher end for us.

That said, I cannot say what the exact pricing was for the company in general.

What other advice do I have?

We are Salesforce partners.

At the time we were using the most up-to-date version. I'm not sure what the version number was. I don't know what version they're on right now.

I'd advise a company needs to be a medium-sized entity or larger to get the most out of the solution. For smaller organizations, it may not be worth the price tag.

In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It was a good solution, however, it was out of our price range.

More Pardot reviews from users
...who compared it with HubSpot Marketing Hub
Find out what your peers are saying about Salesforce, SAP, Oracle and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.