Polarion ALM Review

An all inclusive tool that is stable and integrates well

What is our primary use case?

Polarion is an all in one tool that we use from conception to validation testing. Our product team uses it for their requirements, our developers use it for their stories and tasks, and our quality team uses it for testing.

It integrates with SVN and GitLab.

What is most valuable?

It's all in one place, where every department can utilize the same tool. It meets with everybody's needs without having to grab plugins. For example, Jira is nothing but a bunch of plugins.

What is most valuable is that this is an all-inclusive tool.

What needs improvement?

This is an area that has already been corrected, but the Navigation areas of the document and being able to have subdocuments was an area that needed improvement.

Technical support needs some improvement.

The pricing could be reduced. If the pricing would come down and it was more affordable then we wouldn't have to switch.

I have been using this solution for six years.

This is a stable tool as long as our environment is stable.

For us, it has been quite stable so far.

This solution is scalable and it's highly configurable. Most of it can be done through the GUI and you can get into the backend, the XML, and make changes as well.

Technical support varies, it's 50/50. You can get a knowledgeable person and you get great support. If on the other hand, you can't get someone knowledgeable then you get a runaround.

I wasn't a part of the initial setup.

It is a clustered environment where we have three nodes that our users hit to gather the data, then we have a shared database.

What other advice do I have?

It's been the only ALM tool that I have used.

As far as capabilities and learning the system, I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

ALM 17.3
More Polarion ALM reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, Atlassian, PTC and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.