PTC Integrity Review

GUI is cumbersome and it's difficult to use. It is extremely configurable, and has many, many features, but many of those features are extremely complex.

What is most valuable?

Requirements management, verification testing management, historical tracking and versioning

How has it helped my organization?

Eventually it should help the organization precisely document the history of requirement and testing artifact development and use.

What needs improvement?

The GUI is archaic, the program has many levels of complexity, and the time and commitment required for implementation are extreme.

Six months

I am writing this review because I don't think there's a fair portrayal online of how cumbersome the GUI is, and how difficult the software is to use.

It is extremely configurable, and has many, many features, but many of those features (for example, outputting data and reports) are extremely complex. The marketing hype says that data/content can be exported easily to Word or Excel files, but it requires understanding a 100 page manual, configuring the server and exporter add-in, a thorough understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and much more. Similarly it is boasted that you can easily generate reports and charts, but configuring and modifying reports and charts requires a great deal of training and expertise.

No. The product is powerful and stable.

No, and we don't expect any. These are known product strengths.

General company customer service is poor, but Gold Level service (additional purchase) is very, very good.

Again, purchased tech support is Excellent.

No. But some of our employees have experience with similar products (such as DOORS). Their experience with other products was that they also were complex and difficult.

After 6 months we are still rather dependent. At the outset we did not understand that we would need a full-time admin for implementation, and we expect we'll still need at least half-time admin at the one-year mark.

Vendor rep. He had high level of expertise. After 4 months of learning and experience our primary software user left the company taking much of knowledge capital with him.

So far, way in the red.

I cannot divulge details. The software itself is a fraction of implementation and training costs so far.

Yes, and we had an outside company help evaluate the options also. I would argue that we were enchanted by configurability and range of features, and did not discover until too-late, the *surprisingly high* level of difficulty and steep learning curve.

What other advice do I have?

I am not a person who normally would submit a review, but I have not been able to find any fair portrayals online of the level of difficulty involved. One programmer I spoke with recently exclaimed "Why did the company buy the software if it takes months of configuration and programming just to implement?"

I believe the manufacturer would be well advised to at least upgrade PTC Integrity to have features that would have been considered standard in 2007.

More PTC Integrity reviews from users