QlikView is based on a different technology from OLAP technology. Called AQL ™ (Associative Query Logic), this technology has been patented since 1994.
If there is no need rethinking QlikView OLAP cubes, development and implementation of new elements, reconfiguring the graphical interface. Also, working with databases is much more flexible. Thus reducing the time and that the costs of implementing new analysis / reports.
QlikView is easy to use, letting you easily analyze large volumes of data! Interactive graphical interface to predominantly assures unquestionable advantage over other applications. From a few clicks you can find any information in your database, no matter how "hidden" or detailed as!
QlikView is a highly effective management tool, allowing a broad area of analysis. Virtually any existing information in the database the company can be valued by this application, stimulating her performance in an integrated context.
• Qlikview has its own ETL engine built-in
• You can analyze millions of data - QlikView is easy to use, letting you easily analyze large volumes of data!
• Time to implement - Any user / manager can define its own set of analyzes
• Partner Network – Qlikview has more than 1000 partners world wide
• Development - Qlikview has Scripting
• 64-bit in-RAM DB - Qlikview is faster than Tableau
• QlikView is based on a different technology from OLAP technology. Called AQL ™ (Associative Query Logic), this technology has been patented since 1994.
• Interactive graphical interface - Extremely intuitive interface (requires almost no training);
Room for Improvement:
QlikView should give you just that: gather, provide access to, and analyze data and information about their company operations
So, QlikView has little success by itself, so we have to go with: ERP, CRM, or some planning and estimation solutions (this would take what-if scenarios) which means other costs besides the costs of implementing QlikView
This is why QlikView offers the possibility to perform what-if scenarios.
• QlikView has little success by itself, so we have to go with: ERP, CRM, or some planning and estimation solutions (this would take what-if scenarios) which means other costs besides the costs of implementing QlikView
• QlikView can display better analysis but it takes more skill and time to develop/design than with Tableau.
• Qlikview it is stronger than Tableau for reporting only, but it requires more training and is less intuitive than Tableau
• You have to employ IT specialist
• It is limited by RAM, so Qlikview is not very scalable
I chose QlikView specialization rather than other BI solution available on the market due to the advantages this technology offers:- Good price compared to other solutions;
- Flexible licensing system (but not complicated and consists of dozens of modules that other solutions);
- Very little development time;
- Easy maintenance;
- Ability to provide Business Intelligence Off-The-Shelf.
- In QlikView, you can develop yourself analyzes you need in just minutes
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 23 2012