QlikView Overview

QlikView is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Embedded BI Tools. It is most often compared to Tableau: QlikView vs Tableau

What is QlikView?

QlikView is a Business Intelligence tool that allows you to keep tabs on all of your business-related information in a clean, clear, and easy to access database that is intuitive to build and simple to navigate. It is ideal for business owners who wish to improve overall output by creating the most productive system possible.

QlikView Buyer's Guide

Download the QlikView Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

QlikView Customers

Canon, Gatorade, Amcor, Panasonic, Fila, Cambridge University Hospitals, Global Retail Bank, North Yorkshire Police department, Lanoo Group Publishers, and AonGroep Nederland.

QlikView Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about QlikView pricing:
  • "The setup costs for QlikView are fair as are the yearly maintenance fees. The licensing becomes a bit more expensive and requires some planning for onboarding."

Martin Zwarthoed
Freelance Database Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides good functionality and a range of reporting to customers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to provide reporting to our customers. The company works with online solutions for marketing so the customer gets insights about the response to email components and things like that. I'm a freelance database specialist and the company is a customer of QlikView.

• "Easy to analyze data by click-through."
  • "The user interface is old."

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product but I would recommend going for Qlik Sense because it has a better future, given that it's basically the new version of QlikView. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Commercial Business Analyst at Asilia Africa
Consolidates all the sales systems together onto one platform and enables ease of access throughout the whole company

What is our primary use case?

We are active in the Hospitality Industry in Africa and we use QlikView primarily, for the time being, in our sales and marketing environment. We are situated in multiple countries and in multiple locations within those countries running on multiple sales systems. Each sales system has got its own features and capabilities. QlikView permits us to consolidate all the sales systems together onto one platform and enables ease of access throughout the whole company anywhere in the world. Moreover, QlikView makes our complex data infrastructure understandable for everyone.

• "Our Qlikview applications help us to get a good idea of our Client Base Performance and assist us in the decision making for Seasonal Specials. On the other hand QlikView helps us to get a grasp on our Suppliers and helps us to negotiate pricing with them."
  • "It would be nice if QlikView could be plugged in into the company's website or an online portal such as QlikSense is capable of. There are ways around but it takes enormous time to develop."

What other advice do I have?

Since Qlik is focussing more on QlikSense, it is recommendable to look into that direction than into QlikView.
Learn what your peers think about QlikView. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Guillermo (Bill) Cabiro
Director of Development at Strat-Wise Consulting
Very intuitive to business users and executives
I do use both Tableau and QlikView. Although very different, I really like both solutions. They belong to the new BI generation known as Interactive Visual Analytics. In my opinion, QlikView has a more intuitive interface for regular users or executives that are not technical experts but the development side is a little more complex. Up to version 12 QlikView did not provide drag & drop features. If a user wanted to see something not included in the application the new object had to be created by a power user or developer because Qlikview's scripting has somewhat of a learning curve. On the positive side, QlikView's scripting is a great asset as it functions as an ETL allowing the integration of hundreds of different data sources into the same visual app. Another feature that’s…
reviewer1185771
User at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent dashboards for reporting and analytics

What is our primary use case?

My company uses this application mainly for reporting and analytics through customized dashboards that meet corporate identity needs. The reports were created using existing SQL scripts that powered legacy dashboard and reports (i.e. SAP Crystal Reports).

• "This is a very cool application with endless options of creativity and visuals."
  • "I really wish the application was easier to use in the development phase."

What other advice do I have?

Their training and services have been top-notch and very reactive.
User
ETL, Integration, and Automation are made simple and help us to better understand our data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for ETL, Analytics, Reporting, Automation, Integration between data sources (cloud, local, spreadsheets, etc), Data Scrub for Migration to new software, and automation of sending files to banks instead of using EDI, Positive Pay, etc.

• "This solution has simplified getting to and understanding our data, no matter where it is housed."
  • "This solution would be improved with the inclusion of a feature that would allow us to add a common library of (our) commands used in load scripts and expressions, so with a keyword, we would get a drop down to select the command we are looking for, as opposed to the generic help."
MR
Manager - Revenue & Growth|Strategy & Planning | Market Intelligencee at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Good user interface and documentation but lacks features we need

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a BI tool. We use it for data visualization.

• "The user interface and dashboards are very good."
  • "The solution is quite costly."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the solution. We're actually thinking of moving off it and onto Tableau. I'd rate the solution six out of ten. It just doesn't offer us what we need right now in terms of functionality. Tableau is a better fit for us.
NK
Qlik Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
MSP
Good customization and language support

What is our primary use case?

We were using QlikView for reporting purposes.

What is most valuable?

The language support is very good. It understands more languages than other products. The customization features are good.

What needs improvement?

The performance can be improved. There is no automation or drag and drop functionality.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have heard of other reporting tools like Tableau but I do not have experience with them.

When you are setting up QlikView, the first thing that you need to do is connect to the database. The length of time it takes depends on the size of the data. We…