Qlikview

QlikView Review
Excellent product (if RAM intensive) that is easy to use and delivers on its promises.

Valuable Features:

Ease of development. Data Discovery and Analytics

Improvements to My Organization:

Great insight into our data and aides both business explanations and data analysis.

Room for Improvement:

Collaboration. Data Input.

Use of Solution:

5 years

Deployment Issues:

None

Stability Issues:

None

Scalability Issues:

Once your user base or applications get large you do need a powerful server with lots of RAM.

Excellent and great community interactions as well.

Excellent

Previous Solutions:

This was our my first in memory data discovery tool. I have used more static reporting solutions such as SSRS, BOXI etc but they are not really a comparable product to QlikView, Tableau or Spotfire.

Initial Setup:

Very simple, standard desktop installation file and when performing the server install it requires very little Windows Server knowledge.

Implementation Team:

In house

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Depends on licence version purchased an number of licenced users. One off software purchase plus 20% annual maintenance plan.

Other Solutions Considered:

Tableau, Spotfire

Other Advice:

It is a great product that is easy to learn. Ensure you still put the necessary work into the "back-end" design as even thought the new breed of BI tools are easy to use, having a well designed data structure behind the model will make the speed and scalability that much better.
1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

2 Comments

Picture 1292 1363124328
imran_shReal UserPOPULAR

I agree with Mr. Matthew Mottram regarding scalability issues. Performance of QlikView is noticeably degraded while dealing with large amount of data and executing expressions that involve multiple tables. The execution time exceeds 7-10 seconds which is unacceptable by many users and developers.

Like (0)05 January 14
0cae98b7 d854 46fb ad83 6e7e5a8cf45b avatar
JhornberReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

@imran_sh I'm curious, when you say large amounts of data, are you talking tables with millions of rows? or hundreds of millions, or even greater?

Like (0)06 January 14
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 214,659 professionals have used our research on 5,590 solutions.