QlikView Review

Great for personal productivity and data analysis. Forget it if you just need a reporting tool

What is most valuable?

I think it's the best data analysis/discovery tool I've ever seen.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm currently using it also for my personal and professional productivity: e.g. stock analysis, project management dashboards.

What needs improvement?

It is really missing a comprehensive semantic/metadata layer and security/data profiling can be hard to accomplish at corporate level without a high level of scripting.

4 years

Not in the last couple of years

Not in the last couple of years

It really depends on your analytics. You have to think and design your documents and/or analytics for large scalability if you think you need something like that.

Customer Service: Medium/LowTechnical Support: Medium/High

I never replaced a tool with QV in my working experience. For my personal productivity, it mainly replaced excel.

Everything is quite easy and straightforward

We implemented in-house with limited support of the vendor team

Server licence (about 9k USD) + maintenance and a bunch (increasing) of different kind of user licences (average $500 each).

Mainly SAS, Microstrategy and Microsoft BI

What other advice do I have?

Well, it really depends on what you're looking for. It's not a reporting product, it's an analysis/data discovery tool and it does it really well.
More QlikView reviews from users