Qlikview

QlikView Review
SQL scripting provides the fastest way to pull data into the system.

Valuable Features

SQL scripting, as it provides me the fastest way to pull data into the system, since I’m more on the technical side.

Improvements to My Organization

It has made our processes for collecting and presenting data easier, especially with regard to old spreadsheet mentalities.

Room for Improvement

Their marketing department is heavy-handed, more so than it really needs to be. This can turn companies off when they get too aggressive. Their pricing structure doesn’t match their aggressiveness either, costing an end user $1500 for a web-based license.

Use of Solution

I have been using QlikView for about 11 months.

Their set criteria is a mystery of legends. I still, after a year, need to pull up a wizard to type up a set expression. It’s not intuitive at all.

Technical support is very good, with an exceptional user base. I’m largely self-taught on Qlik because of their community and the breadth of their support on-line.

I previously used Microsoft BI tools, but as a company we were too far behind the curve to take advantage of their latest technology in the BI space. Upgrading to Office 2016 is not something a Fortune 500 company is going to do overnight.

The desktop component was straightforward. I didn’t set up the server component, so I can’t speak to the publishing.

Implementation Team

An in-house team performed the implementation.

ROI

No definitive ROI, but an enterprise license would go a long way towards adaptability and acceptance.

Other Advice

QlikView and QlikSense are powerful tools that require IT and BI expertise to take full advantage of. True BI utilization is not just dragging fields and creating graphs. It requires deep knowledge of data utilization and visualization. Qlik can provide that, BUT at the cost of additional IT or BI expertise.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.