QlikView Review

What is most valuable?

The associative/relationship engine and fast performance are the most valuable features of the product for me. It is excellent for number crunching with basic visualizations and known questions.

How has it helped my organization?

QlikView is used internally for financially-focused groups. It has moved folks out of Excel land into interactive/shared analytics.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improved performance/scalability at high data volumes + high user concurrency. Having only in-memory capability for hosting source data is a constraint.

I have been using QlikView for 2.5 years.

No issues with deployments/stability. Departmental-scope in use has it well-positioned here.

Technical support is very good.

Nothing else was reviewed, given the business area lead had previous experience with QlikView and wanted that for his department.

Initial setup is straightforward. It is not a complex system to install.

We used a regional vendor that had experts in the platform to help us install/configure/jumpstart our use, working directly with the business department in need.

ROI is unknown. However, licensing costs continue to increase in QlikView and in Tableau, which we also use, forcing us at some point to consider consolidating to one and/or turning some existing/owned MicroStrategy licensing inward to replace if the the upward pricing trend continues.

What other advice do I have?

Pick the right tool for the job/consumers of the products. There is not a single product that can cover all personas/use cases well or there would be only one product out there commanding the world – and there’s simply not just one. QlikView is great for numbers-focused users who live in Excel today and want a better way to create common metadata and analytics that can be easily distributed/consumed by target users.

More QlikView reviews from users