Qlikview

QlikView Review
Once you select data on the dashboard, it highlights the unavailable data in order to show that those combinations don’t exist or aren’t possible.

Valuable Features

Once you select any data on the dashboard, QlikView highlights the unavailable data in grey in order to show to users that those combinations don’t exist or aren’t possible.

Filters are not local. Once you filter something, the standard is to apply the filter to all tabs available in the dashboard.

Improvements to My Organization

They used to manage the business data through spreadsheets, now they have an automates process and a stable solution. It reduced to zero the time to prepare the data, avoiding operational issues and allowing them to put all the focus on business analysis.

Room for Improvement

Qlikview should have a connector or a specific product to allow people outside of the company or that don’t have a license to read/use the application (a kind of reader license). At least something really cheaper or free.

Use of Solution

I have used QlikView for three years.

I have not yet encountered any issues with deployment, stability or scalability.

I rate technical support 8/10.

The time or effort to develop new stuff in QlikView is lower than other traditional tools as MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc. Besides that, we are changing our approach to a self-service BI.

The initial setup was straightforward. QlikView allows you to install it on regular desktops with 8 GB memory. After some time, we migrated QlikView to a server with 64 GB, due to the number of users and the amount of applications developed.

Implementation Team

We implemented/developed with an in-house approach.

I would advise that the first implementation should be done through a vendor team in order to have better standards/best practices applied from the beginning. It would speed up the learning curve.

ROI

For this specific case, we didn’t calculate or estimate the ROI. Comparing QlikView to Tableau, I think that Tableau has a more attractive pricing/licensing approach than QlikView. I would recommend studying it before starting to acquire new licenses in QlikView due to the model of sales (Named Call and Document Call). The cost of new licenses could increase faster if you don’t have in mind the proper usage.

Other Advice

Qlikview has a huge community in the internet with a lot of examples, online course, etc. It will help a lot to test by yourself. I would recommend providing a POC among the tools to identify which of them would fulfill your needs better.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.