It allows you to establish business data models on an associative basis, and to do on-the-fly analysis on associated data for deep understanding / insight.
For complex analysis, its scripting capabilities enable one to do complex calculation to present required information much easier than traditional / other BI software.
Improvements to My Organization:
I have implemented both QlikView and Qlik Sense solutions for our customers/organizations in multiple industries.
The immediate improvements allow organisations:
- To analyse data more comprehensively (e.g. in the areas of risk management and customer profiling/segmentation) to provide greater insight / understanding
- To make data available more quickly to facilitate decision making, especially for exceptional cases (e.g. when not meeting KPIs)
Other side benefits derived from implementing such projects are:
- Data gaps: It can identify insufficient or unavailable data for making better decisions.
- Process gaps: It can identify business processes that need to be improved, e.g. manual processes that need to be fine-tuned or automated.
- System gaps: It can identify areas where the system needs to be improved e.g. improvement to existing system functions, or a new system needs to be put in place.
With such gaps and their relationship to the values of decisions, an organisation is able to prioritized resources to address those gaps over time.
Room for Improvement:
Improve its table/data editor to allow easier ways to pull multiple data from multiple sources and associate them to establish a complete business data model.
Consider providing more features that allow the decision-making process of analysing different data at different levels to be captured. Maybe a decision-making flow/process editor for Qlik sheets and objects at the presentation layer.
Use of Solution:
I have used QlikView for approximately five years.
You can encounter deployment issues if you do not follow good / recommended “best practices”. Such issues can always be resolved through better design of the implemented solution.
By adhering to good practices, deployment, stability and scalability should not be an issue.
Technical support is average.
Initial setup is straightforward and much easier than other traditional BI software.
We are a Qlik implementation partner. We implement Qlik solutions for customers.
Our customers’ ROI is typically within 1-3 years, depending on the size and complexity of implementations.
Cost and Licensing Advice:
Initial pricing/licensing of QlikView and Qlik Sense are competitive to the market. However, as the number of users grows, it could be costly.
You need to understand well the users’ decision-making process, the data requirements and the actions users want to take. It is OK to start a Qlik project without complete data available.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 09 2016