Qlikview

QlikView Review
With its associative data capability, one click causes a whole ripple effect though the whole dashboard.

Valuable Features

QlikView’s associative ability. The AQL that QlikView uses to associate and ‘bring together’ similar data types (based on name) is extremely powerful and useful. One click causes a whole ripple effect though the whole dashboard, because everything is associated to one another.

Improvements to My Organization

We have used code to create a calendar effect. We then loop through that calendar, executing SQL at the end of each month. This is not easy to mimic in normal SQL, and would require an SQL package to perform such a thing.

QlikView allows us to perform these feats with ease.

Room for Improvement

QlikView does not work very well with very large data sets. I would like to see that improved.

Use of Solution

I have used this product since Jan 2013.

Besides the stability issue with large data sets, I have not encountered any other deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Technical support is 3/10.

I have not evaluated any solution similar to QlikView (e.g. Tableau).

We did not previously use a similar solution.

Initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

A vendor team implemented it. They knew the tool best and we could get it up & running a lot quicker. Part of the implementation included training.

ROI

Not easy to answer. What we use it for, internal to the company, is to track internal costs as we manage quite a number of cost centers. We've successfully managed our budgets and have recovered quite a substantial amount of money for our CC as QV has allowed us to track incorrect CC billing.

Other Advice

QlikView really works well. We have had no complaints from users about its functionality. There has never (or hardly) been a time where a user makes a comment like “Oh, pity that QlikView can't do this…”

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.