Qlikview

QlikView Review
After deployment, clients are able to explore and maintain it without any further charges for the software itself. It requires experienced users to help with development.

Valuable Features

The data model and the visualization are the most valuable features of the product. The data model helps my organization to recognize and identify the problem of our clients’ data. The visualization helps us to deploy an easy-to-understand solution to the client and they are able to explore the data by themselves.

Improvements to My Organization

We actually help the client to deploy and design the solution. It helps us to understand their problems better and provide a more intuitive solution. Plus, after the deployment, the client is able to explore and maintain the application without any further charges on the software itself.

Room for Improvement

The visualization charts. I believe they are working on that because Qlik Sense has released a few versions in which the charts are a lot better than QlikView.

And the interface. QlikView is mainly defined as a guided analytics tool, which requires experienced users to help with the development. In the future, it should move forward on self-service (the core value of Qlik Sense), which is the trend on the business intelligence development. So I think they will have some big changes coming.

Use of Solution

I have been using for about one year.

I haven’t come across any fatal issues with deployment, stability or scalability so far. However, as the data volume increased, the skills of optimizing the tool need to be more advanced.

Technical support are quite helpful. We are a Qlik partner and they are willing to help out with issues. Sometimes, they ask for feedback when a new version is released.

It’s straightforward and very detailed documentation is available; just follow the instruction prompts when you install the software.

Other Solutions Considered

I also tried Tableau. I believe they are targeting a different market, if you compare Tableau with QlikView. The better comparison will be Tableau to Qlik Sense, which is beyond the scope of this review. The reason we selected QlikView is its relatively comprehensive functionality.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Qlik Partner in Hong Kong.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 242,593 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.