QlikView Review

The most valuable features of the product are its in-memory and ETL capabilities, especially the set analysis function.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We developed in a couple of days an application based on a timesheet application, in order to have a real-time vision of what we do in IT service. Before, there wasn't any system except some Excel manual spreadsheets.

We developed a QlikView prototype based on sales data to give easy and visual access to the data. It took minutes to be loaded, compared to the existing system of traditional cubes that required hours to be loaded... to give what? Reports without any interactivity.

What needs improvement?

QlikView should improve its front-end design and import the Qlik Sense design within.

I have been using it for two years.

We used the Nprinting extension. A great toot to create PDF reports, etc... However, the tool is not stable; installation was difficult before being able to use it.

I rate the level of customer service and technical support 8/10, efficient.

I previously used IBM Cognos, Tableau, MS, SAP BO... Personally, QlikView is the best when you talk about fast delivery and visualisation.

Initial setup was straightforward: half a day and your QlikView server is up and running.

I implemented it in-house, but I had QlikView experience.

QlikView is like a race boat, compared to other vendors who are king of Queen Elizabeth. ROI is never easy to measure but at the very least, you will definitely deliver something with added value to your customers within weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Consider the ETL capabilites of the tool, not only the visualisation. And, of course, the performance!

More QlikView reviews from users
...who compared it with Tableau
Learn what your peers think about QlikView. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.