QlikView Review

Excellent dashboards for reporting and analytics

What is our primary use case?

My company uses this application mainly for reporting and analytics through customized dashboards that meet corporate identity needs. The reports were created using existing SQL scripts that powered legacy dashboard and reports (i.e. SAP Crystal Reports).

How has it helped my organization?

This is a very cool application with endless options for creativity and visuals.

While this application was loved by the end-users, the development required to build these dashboards proved to be more difficult vs. other solutions such as Tableau

What is most valuable?

My company is big on dashboards and this application excels in this space. Endless customization is key to meet everyone's needs. I also like how the application can use existing SQL statements to use as your root data/tables/information. Compared to other competitors, this solution can do more.

What needs improvement?

I really wish the application was easier to use in the development phase.

Our business model relies on the business to build their own reports and many departments did not have the associates they need with this type of skill set (i.e. SQL experience). In a business model where a centralized department (i.e. IT) is in control of the reports for the entire company, this would not be a problem.

The development was the ultimate reason this application did not take off in my organization vs. a competitor's application (Tableau). This is a shame as the finished dashboard appeared to be more polished.

We have been using this solution for about one year, on and off.

My experience is limited but from what I experienced, stability is very good.

The scalability of this solution is very good.

Very reactive, quick and supportive.

I have been 110% satisfied every time I have reached out with a question.

We started form SAP Crystal Reports and originally moved to Qlik as a replacement, but this application proved to be more difficult for development as the business owns their own report vs. IT.

Application install was simple and straightforward.

We implemented this solution with our in-house IT staff.

No ROI as we have moved on.

The biggest comparison was made with Tableau, which ultimately won.

What other advice do I have?

Their training and services have been top-notch and very reactive.