Ranorex Review
Provides regression testing and continuous integration, reduces QA costs

What is our primary use case?

In my company, the project is a desktop application. We are using Ranorex to record the test cases.

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced the cost of production and operations. It has reduced the cost of QA in my company and reduced the human resources needed. And the tool is very easy to use.

What is most valuable?

Regression testing is very important for our company, as is the continuous integration process.

What needs improvement?

Binding to other sources is very good but the object recognition in .NET desktop applications often doesn't work.

Ranorex is used in Windows while other solutions, for example, Katalon Studio, are cross-platform. (But in my opinion, overall, Ranorex is better).

When Ranorex is upgraded, the compatibility with other projects, in version control, in-house or on-premise, fails on occasion. However, overall, the stability is good.

Scalability with Ranorex is a problem. The way to scale is to buy more licenses.

The support for Ranorex is very good and fast. User requests are answered quickly.

We knew we needed a new solution because testing was only executed manually. A better approach for the team was to automate testing to reduce costs.

When selecting a vendor, the most important criteria are support, providing a trial version for testing the tool, and the functionality the tool offers.

The setup is easy.

HPE, and Selenium WebDriver, which is open-source. We went with Ranorex because of compliance and the company's requirements.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10 because of the expense of licenses and lack of simultaneous execution. It's limited to only one machine or computer.

My advice is to compare solutions. Two years ago there were very different options in the market. Compare Katalon Studios with Ranorex.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Becky JohnsonUser

This review was helpful. We recently went with Ranorex for our testing needs. Any issues with object recognition have been resolved with assistance from their support team.

16 July 18