Ranorex Studio Overview

Ranorex Studio is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile App Testing Tools. It is most often compared to SmartBear TestComplete: Ranorex Studio vs SmartBear TestComplete

What is Ranorex Studio?

Ranorex is a leading software development company that offers innovative test automation software. Ranorex makes testing easy, saves time in the testing process and empowers clients to ensure the highest quality of their products. Its flexible tools and quick ROI make it the ideal choice for companies of virtually any size – and this is why thousands of clients in over 60 countries trust in its excellence.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Ranorex Studio Customers

Siemens, TomTom, Adidas, Canon, Lufthansa, Roche, Cisco, Philipps, Dell, Motorola, Toshiba, Citrix, Ericsson, sage, Continental, IBM, Credit Suisse, Vodafone

Ranorex Studio Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ranorex Studio pricing:
  • "There are several types of licenses and you need to choose depending on your needs and level of usage."
  • "We paid €3,000 (approximately $3,300 USD) for this solution. When you add the runtime licenses it will be €3,500 (approximately $3,900 USD)."
  • "The licensing fees depend on the number of users."

HB
Consultant at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Offers a strong suite of tools for application testing of mobile, desktop, and API apps

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this as client solutions for test automation and administration. We using XPath standard out of the box with success finding the containers and its elements.

• "This is a powerful, reliable and versatile all-around application testing suite."
  • "For our purposes it requires integration with other products to get out the results in the format we want them. Adding this to the product could improve it."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate the product as an eight for what it does for us. For those people in the market looking for an application testing solution, I would recommend evaluating the product and the type of projects you will need it for. I would recommend making an evaluation and comparison with other products to be sure that the needs for testing can be covered in the functionality of the Ranorex. The Ranorex is a studio, of course, so you will have lots of options to apply in ongoing test management and test automation. In my experience, those issues are all covered in Ranorex.
FP
Quality Controller/Programer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A Scalable, Fast, and Affordable testing tool for our software

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution internally for our testing. We produce software.

• "The scalability is very good. It's probably one of the better tools I've seen on the market."
  • "One of the areas the service could be improved would be to have the training in Italian."

What other advice do I have?

Having a local reseller who already knows the product and can provide in-house training would be a fantastic solution and would make the learning curve a quicker process. The transfer of knowledge from one person to another. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Ranorex, SmartBear, Micro Focus and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RP
Automation Tester at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Identifies, creates, and edits elements very well

• "Support is very quick. You can write to them and on the same day, they will respond. This is one of the best features."
  • "If there are many queries on the web page, Ranorex will not render the page correctly. I had about 1,000 queries on the page, and the solution was not able to handle it."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model. I would recommend people try the solution. They have a 30-day free trial that an organization could use to test them out. Make sure to watch the webinar before implementing the solution, even if they are experimenting with automating. It will make everything easy to understand. Ranorex has a lot of options which you need to understand and to optimize. You can't automate the optimization, which is why the webinar is so important. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
PZ
Communications Infrastructure, QA Leader at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A flexible and stable automation tool that provides a powerful code conversion option

What is our primary use case?

We use Ranorex for automating the testing of the GUI components in our applications.

• "Code Conversion is one of the great features because sometimes, the automation tool doesn't have the capability of maneuvering around two specific evaluations."
  • "The object detection functionality needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Ranorex is that it is a powerful tool, it is far-reaching, and it works as advertised. In my opinion, it is one of the best tools available in the market. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ranorex, SmartBear, Micro Focus, and more!