Ranorex Studio Review

It has significantly cut down the time it takes me to run through multiple, repetitive test steps, but it would be great if they supported JavaScript as a usable language to write code modules in.

Valuable Features

The most useful features to me are the ability to write test scripts in C#, and also record/playback any and all test steps. Ranorex Spy is also a very useful tool.

Improvements to My Organization

Ranorex has significantly cut down the time it takes me to run through multiple, repetitive test steps.

Room for Improvement

They should have support for other OS’s, aside from only supporting Windows. It would also be great if they supported JavaScript as a usable language to write code modules in.

Use of Solution

I’ve been using Ranorex for about five to six months.

Ranorex’s customer service is outstanding.

When something is out, I immediately email their tech support and will usually hear back from them within an hour. The forums are also very helpful.

Setting up Ranorex and jumping into your first test suite is extremely easy, even for non-programmers The record/playback feature makes it easy for anyone to automate a test case..

Other Advice

The best advice I can give is geared towards implementation. If you’re capable of writing your own test scripts, then I wouldn’t suggest using the Record/Playback feature at all, aside from maybe looking at the generated code module for help on starting a new test case. There are a lot more constraints that come with using the record/playback method, and you cannot easily implement conditional statements or parameters, like you would be able to in the code modules.