Ranorex Studio Review

A Scalable, Fast, and Affordable testing tool for our software

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution internally for our testing. We produce software.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are object recognition and the fact that you can memorize the objects. This is something that I have always had a problem with before.

It is user-friendly and the speed is pretty quick compared to other tools that I have been using.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas the service could be improved would be to have the training in Italian.

While this is not a problem for me, it is a problem for my team. There is no documentation in Italian. As we are based in Italy, it would be helpful to have training in Italian in some form.

I have been using this solution for three months.

The stability is in the range of eighty-five percent of what I was expecting. We still have some issues.

There will be two people executing the tests in another month or two.

Having Italian language support would make the solution a bit more stable.

The scalability is very good. It's probably one of the better tools I've seen on the market. Some are very, very expensive, and we could not afford it, because this was in the mid-range, it was a probable solution for us.

I didn't have very many issues. The two or three that we did have, we received a reply within twenty-four hours. That was perfect for us.

Previously, we used a different solution called iMacros. It's very basic compared to what I'm doing right now with Ranorex Studio.

It was half the price, but harder to use.

Overall, it wasn't the best solution for us.

The initial setup was complex, but not because of Ranorex Studio.

This was an internal problem for us because the installation required an administrator and I am not an administrator.

We had to repeat the process a couple of times as a result. For the Ranorex Studio side, it was fairly straightforward.

The deployment method was on-premises.

We implemented on our own, without the help of any consultants or partners.

We paid €3,000 (approximately $3,300 USD) for this solution. When you add the runtime licenses it will be €3,500 (approximately $3,900 USD).

At this time I am developing. We only have one license, but there will be two runtime licenses.

What other advice do I have?

Having a local reseller who already knows the product and can provide in-house training would be a fantastic solution and would make the learning curve a quicker process.

The transfer of knowledge from one person to another.