ReadyAPI Review

Good code coverage and quality assurance, user-friendly, and helpful dashboards

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to perform code testing. We can set up the environment, the representations, and the code coverage.

We have this solution deployed on a Windows station, on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

With this solution, we have achieved a fifty-percent gain when it comes to writing test cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is SoapUI Pro. It is very friendly to use with the API.

ReadyAPI is not just a web service launcher, but a tool that can analyze results, for example from a dashboard, for tests that take a long time. You can see if there is a degradation in the service of the management system.

You will not find the coverage provided by ReadyAPI in other tools.

The dashboards are very good and consolidate all of the tests that you are performing with the client.

What needs improvement?

This solution is focused on web services, but it should be expanded to a complete test manager. For example, in the test suite, you can include a UI test, but this is with another tool. It is not fully integrated.

ReadyAPI is not fully integrated with all system ecosystem tests. If ReadyAPI had more integration with all of the big tools on the market then this would be very useful.

We have been using this solution for two years.

For what we have been doing, this solution has been ninety percent stable.

We are deploying it on a heavy client, and it depends on the infrastructure of our users. We did not deploy it on a virtual desktop. While it is very stable, it is not one hundred percent in our configuration.

We have between twenty-five and thirty people who use this solution.

Technical support for this solution is very good.

The only problem is that we are in France, and the support is in the US, so there is a difference in time that we have to accommodate for. That said, while they are on-site, they are very reactive.

Most of the time, we have to wait one day for support.

The deployment of this solution was very quick and simple.

This is a cheap solution when you consider the money that will be saved in testing.

What other advice do I have?

Third-parties have been developing integration with this solution. For example, JIRA has been integrated.

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to consider that they will save a lot of money, and there will be a reduction in errors from the use of external data or wrong parameters. The quality of their code will be better, so do not hesitate to buy this kind of solution.